Frequently Asked Questions on how to connect hotelRSV IBE with TripConnect.
Back to TripConnect Overview.
With TripConnect, you can post a live link with your direct rates and availability in Hotel Price Comparison search results, creating tremendous opportunities to drive TripAdvisor travelers directly to your property’s online bookings page.
Read on how to activate TripConnect at no extra charge.
- Read, acknowledge and accept the TripConnect terms and conditions (which you will find when you sign up for TripConnect in the Management Center)
- Work with an internet booking engine which has been certified as a TripConnect Partner (Hotel RSV is already certified)
- Have a current and valid subscription to Business Listings
- Complete the TripConnect sign-up process and launch a TripConnect campaign
- Create TripConnect bids that are equal to or greater than the minimum Cost-Per-Click (CPC)
I do not have a website for my hotel. How can I participate?
In order to participate in TripConnect, property owners must have an active website that allows internet users to book rooms online via an internet booking engine. Property owners who do not have a website should contact a Webmaster to have a site built.
How frequently will my live link to my site be shown?
Every time a user visits your TripAdvisor property detail page – or searches for hotels in your city and your property is listed on the search results page – your live link will be seen if:
- You have an active Business Listings subscription
- You have an active TripConnect campaign
- Your TripConnect bid meets the minimum bid requirement for your property
No. TripConnect only allows you to acquire traffic through the Hotel Price Comparison Search on your own property page or in hotel search results pages for your city where your property appears.
Internet Booking Engine
We also require a current functional URL link to which TripAdvisor travelers will be connected when they click on your link in the search results display. As a Tripadvisor Certified partner, hotelRSV connects your hotel in real time. Just place a ticket on help.novohit.com to get started.
How to use TripConnect
- Acting as a user, find your property profile on TripAdvisor.
- Then find a set of dates where your property has availability.
- Click on your TripConnect link in the Price Comparison Display.
- Once you are linked through to your own website, complete a booking. Do not clear your cookies, and do not close your browser to avoid inadvertently clearing your cookies.
- Once you have completed that booking, you can cancel it.
- You should then wait 24 hours and see if the total revenue from TripAdvisor increased by the amount of your booking.
- If your total revenue does not reflect this, please contact HOTEL RSV to discuss how they can remedy the situation.